Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of the year

It is that time of year again. The time that every morning smells like field day, and the teachers are more restless than the teachers. I have learned a lot being a Special Educator at Spring Creek. These are a few of the things: -How to communicate and collaborate effectively with teachers and parents. -How to love students no matter how they treat you. -How to forgive and forget. -That I can do difficult things. -How to file a completely compliant sped folder. -How to make a folder into a compliant one. -How to manage behavior even when I am exhausted. -How to put the students first. These are just a few things. I have learned so much this first year of teaching and the best part is I want to continue teaching!! The students also made loads of progress this year. I was very impressed as I was looking through their progress monitoring to see the growth we have had! These students learned all about math and some made progress from not being able to subtract numbers, to subtracting 3 digit numbers with regrouping!! We've also had students understand fractions for the first time, as well as division and multiplication. This is huge because these are the foundation of all math. I have loved seeing their progress! Spring Creek has more minor changes next year and I am excited to see where they go. I am happy for the students who go here and proud to call myself an educator here because we have some of the greatest educators for these students. I'll miss you Spring Creek!! Love, Mrs. Farnes

No comments:

Post a Comment